Monday, June 24, 2013

US Visa Consulate office

Its like a play at Prithvi Theatre to watch the visa applicants appear for the interview at the consulate office of the US.
As I stand here as someone who accompanied an applicant, I can't but cuss at the country that makes the +1 like me stand on road. Should I say I am happy I dint go to US- oh yes! I am glad. Who would be happy when you plead and play 'I will be soo lucky if you oh please if you approve my visa!'.
Three saffron clad men,oh so confident Gujju bhai (ot many behen), nervous muslims, happy auntied with smalll kids, clueless mothers-in-law all in (strangely) new clothes.
An even larger populace of +1(+n for many applicants) spilling all over the road. I can't help but wonder if all US consulate offices are designed to look architecturally similar. Dint the consulate in Pakistan(I saw it in the movie on Laden's killing).
And then there are these lone applicants who went in and came out and left the premises alone! Hail the brave lot who withstood atleast 2 hours without a cellphone. There are these 'experienced' +1s who seem to know just what to do while they wait-founf the right place to hang their bag, to sit even though its raining here and arrangements like that.
The police van outside seems more like a joke and perhaps they know it too. Seriously, like anyone trusts they can do much for what they might be up against in case of an attack.
And then there is melodrama! I don't know if visas are approved instantly or you get any good news from this building, but 2 families have hugged and cried. One was very very Jai Veeru style*tears*.