Sunday, March 9, 2014

What an MBA taught me

I can't often put a word or measure to life events. I can't say school gave me this and a degree gave me that. But yes,  living out of home, living in a bigger city than I belong to, living with friends must have changed the way I see the world. The focus of this post still remains to see what an MBA taught me.

MBA taught me to learn from people. I saw phases in people's life that  I never would want in my life and the sort of people they were in their lives at that point that I would never want to be. An MBA is like life fast-forwarded. What I observed here, would have taken me a lifetime to understand.

Professionally, for me, there longer exists an other side. Nothing is any more out-of-bounds of doing or understanding. Like nothing! Everything seems doable, understandable and more importantly I realise the importance of who to ask for help. You network in ways you had never thought of before.

I self - explored. If you can use your noise-cancelling headphones and really block all the noise of tests, clubs and placements, there is a lot of room to realise what makes you happy. There are enough resources to read from, enough people to share with, enough time to understand what drink you like to drink, enough space to lay a plan for life or to realise that you don't want a plan for life. Somehow, the fast paced-ness makes all realisations happen fast fast. But yes, its not easy to cut-off and invest in the self.

When people said earlier, that its the journey that counts and not very much the end result. I would WTF in my head. Being a sore loser or not even attempting, seemed a better option. But then when you are confronted with so many options to lose, you learn to appreciate and gear yourself for a better journey instead.

And education really has done no harm to anyone, has it. MBA is a good thing for anyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment