Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Train travel to work

Trains have always fascinated me which is more to do with my lack of use of the same. Coorg is not connected by rail route .
I had always been wondering about the lack of use of the exsisting trains to travel to in-the-city yet not-so-near places. Finally, when I had to commute to Whitefiled spending 5 full hours a day on travel, the long standing urge came into effect. A train from Whitefield to Majestic was taken . The tale of Divu and Lakshmamma(and her kids and their kids and her business and many more "and's" later...) is for another day . Although time we took (1.5 hrs!) was much more than expected (thanks to the long halts at every other station), the journey was different. No more grey smoke burnt roads and helmet-over-head 2 wheeler riders all around you.
The crowd in train is not very pleasent though. It was long since I had witnessed eve teasing. But none would spoil my thrill of travelling by train to work!