Friday, August 9, 2013

Thought leaders

I have thought since young as to what makes people think differently. What gave Ambani that vision, Sachin that drive and endless such things about people who are famous and different. As I grew up, I spent a good part of my time thinking how someone in class would come up with a brilliant idea that never occurred to me. Since a year down my 2 year PG course I resigned to thinking that people who got brilliant ideas were more exposed - more reading, more work experience - to that field. It came pretty naturally to me and friends I hung out with to work on things we like for long hours at a stretch.
But today, I encountered people who are scared\do not want to think! While I listened to a professor who asked us in a rather late evening class "Do you fear exercising your brain?", I laughed it off. Today when I worked with this set of people who were actually scared to think, I suddenly realised why some people are thinkers, thought leaders, and most people aren't. Most people aren't because they let the others be.