Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mumbai saga - lingua franca

Mumbai strikes your personality in ways you wouldn't notice for a few months.
I can think and reason everything. Yet Mumbai's not very respectful pronouns' usage leading to closer connection of people is beyond me!
When I stepped into the city I told myself I would never talk like this any day. Should have known how easily I catch accents and languages. I can now only talk like that to people. But again, though my English is deteriorating at an exponential phase(and I am desperately trying to consciously talk English), I am able to have a more personal level conversation people - talk of the coldness of English language for a non-native speaker. 
Its surprising how even a swear word seems like a mere venting of anger with this dialect. This style of speech lets you just be. I remember how in Bangalore I came back from a fight always thinking how I should have chosen better words to fight with and should have had the last word. But here, post a fight there is no ill feeling or I could have done this feeling at all. Everything is right now. Which makes me wonder if its the effect of attitude or language.
Jo bhi hai, its makes the city a happier place. For now I love talking like this and especially watching 2 Marathi mulgis talking animatedly in Marathi. 
Toh chal abh yeh blog post khatam, tu jaakey apna kaam kar.