Monday, January 3, 2011

Of bonds over a peg

A lot can happen over a drink. I ve lived my life around men who drink;nay! Not immature youngsters who take shots, drink beer in one shot but men, who sip their drink and almost age with the sinewy scotch, men of the Kodaguland!
Every time I here dad say, "oh that person, I know him. We ve shared many a drinks together". I wonder is drinking such an important act that u remember the person from just sitting across a bar and drinking with him? More importantly, is that how u know him? U would sit at a bar and drink with stranger? Not that I belong to the fairer sex and hence don't interact much with strangers or that I don't visit the bar or a cafe that much(I am much of a 'talk over lunch' person), but even boys I know don't sit/drink with strangers.
That apart, what is it that bonds men over a hard drink(yes, women don't bond over drinks) ? Men don't bond much over beer and nor over the lamer counterpart coffee or the harsher cousin smoke/ even a snort.
There is a magic ingredient I am sure .